Saturday, March 28, 2009

Ramble-y.

I wish, I wish, I wish.

Why do I wish so much? Even at a time when I KNOW everything is so beautifully perfect, I know I'm content and I know I have the right attitude and then comes along a day like this when all I can do is just wish for things. I keep wishing, I keep wishing. And then I think of what I'm wishing for and I know, I know that the only thing left for me to wish for is nothing. I have everything. I wish for nothing. But at the same time, I know I'm wishing. So what am I wishing for?

Noise, Noise, Noise. It all combines to make this delicious...noise.

I wonder.... why do I want, why do I desire, why do I wish when I know I have everything I could wish for? And then it dawns upon me.

I realise, my Wishing Noise, it's not very different from what I have. If what I'm wishing for is nothing, wouldn't that be the same as wishing for exactly what I have? I'm wishing for what I already have and that can show anyone how extraordinarily content I am. I have what I wish for. I have them and you and that and this and there's not a worry in the world and the reason I'm saying all this is... I find it funny that even the most content person I know can have something to wish for. Even when I can't be given the right to wish anymore, I do, because I need it. And that's the wonder of the wish. Even when I have the world, I need to be under the illusion that I still want more.

How very.... human.







If I couldn't wish, would I be as happy as I am?

3 comments:

Udai Kapila said...

you have hit upon such a fundamental human truth... its not satisfaction that we live for... it is the idea of satisfaction...

if we knew that we could not be happier or more content than we are in this moment... then the whole reason for living would just collapse... that's why wishing is so indispensable...

Methinks this post befits the correct amount of importantness/randomness to be post-worthy... therefore thy need not worry :D

Welcome back! and blog on!!!!!

SJS said...

AAH juface, u blow my mind.
I think that's everyone of us needs that, coz if we had everything, is there even a point?

But i've often found over-wishing can lead to depression especially if theres that one thing you want is the one thing you might not have any chance of getting. Although, yeh, there aren't many things like that eh? Bah, i've stopped making sense now!

Just, keep writing yo.
xxxx
Leener

kiss%% said...

Well, human enough yes. It's like love really - where you can't tell the opposite person exactly how much they mean ever, but you still try your ass off eh?