Sunday, February 11, 2007

Chikki, Tanvi, Cutie pie!



My cousin, Tanvi, or Chikki, as we call her, is the cutest thing i have ever seen. No, really. I don't know whether it's true for you guys out there, but seeing her picture you can't help but admit that she has got a smile to die for.

She came here, with her mom, who is my Masi (My mom's sister), on the 23rd of December 2006. A truly historic event in my life. I can happily say that the happiest day of my life was when Chikki was born. And she was finally here! I could finally coochie coo her in my arms!
My family and I, in Dubai, have watched her grow up from nothing in her mom's tummy, to the beautiful one-year-old she is now. And on web cam, too. So imagine what joy she spread as soon as she entered our house.

The first thing i noticed about her were her eyes. These beautiful star-like eyes, i came to know later, were the first thing that anyone noticed about her. And of course.....the smile. When she smiled, she managed to get anyone in the gloomiest possible mood smiling.

From the very first morning of their visit, i realised that i was to be woken up by Chikki lightly hitting my head and then finally toppling over it(my head, i mean) and then staying in that position till i woke up. This was a fantastic way to start my day. No sarcasm, i swear. After she had woken everybody up, she'd run around the house in her squeaky shoes. She took her first step in Dubai, and i will never forget that. It was on the second day of their visit.



The thing i remember most about her was that she'd always try to look cute when anyone reprimanded her for some naughty thing that she had done. For example, if she'd spilt something on the floor and we'd yell "Chi-ikki-i!!", giving her name four syllables, she'd look at you innocently and smile a very guilty but cute smile...you know the type. And that always worked.

She LOVED Red Bull. I am not kidding. She caught me drinking it one day and she snatched the can away from me. She took a glug(i have NO idea how) and gave me a dazzling smile. I just stared at her in disbelief. She also had a hip flask, which she carried around everywhere. Makes you wonder what the next generation is coming to:P:P.
I miss her a lot. She illuminated the house with her laugh and brought the roof down with her cries. I look at pictures of her visit and i inevitably start crying. Take me to be a softy if you like, but she's my sister and i love her to death.

I wish she wouldn't grow up. She might not like me when she does. That's my only fear. Oh well, I'll have fun with her while i can.




3 comments:

Nishant said...

Whoa!!! She DEFINITELY has a wonderful smile. Alas, we must all grow up, like it or not, so we are left with one choice that is to but cherish the days that we have, young or old, together or apart. And always, always, cherishing leads to memories. Which leads to happiness.

Anonymous said...

nice juhi...real nice!
im not gud at givin sentimental things lyk nishant here but all i gotta say is....
shes ADORABLE! and i remember da day she was born....i saw her baby piczz and everything...hopefully the next time she comes here i can actuially see her!
your greatest most evilest frend

Anonymous said...

Aaaaaaaawwwwwwww.... isn't tchee thha thcutest thing eveeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrr?????!!!!!
Ahem. Sry about that sudden outburst of affection. It's amazo what happens to people's grammar when they see real cute babies. (ding-dong would be proud)
Aww juhi she reelly is cute and ur blog is niiice, dawg! needs pink though. and orange. but all the photos add colr so it dosnt matteeerrr...
Blog on! (BTW, what THE HELL does tat mean??)
-Sama