Sunday, February 18, 2007

I Don't Think It's Love

This is a poem I wrote at 10:00 pm on the 13th of February. It was written for....all you people out there who can relate to the poem. I'm sorry it's late, but....okay, I don't have an excuse. Here I go.

I'm bumping my head on my bed
every morning,
I forget to brush my teeth.
I'm singing in the shower
and slipping on mats,
I play with my food, I don't eat.
I'm still knocking down glasses,
when I get a feeling in my gut
I know I'm thinking about only one person
But i don't think it's Love.

I try climbing trees and always fall down
and yet I'm giggling away.
I don't see why I'm happy,
neither do others,
But I have a smile on my face all day.
I'm still dropping books on the floor
when I get this feeling in my gut
I know only one name crosses my mind,
But i don't think it's Love.

The ones who care, think I'm hiding something.
The ones who don't, think the same.
Don't get me wrong, the rest of you.
I'm not playing some sort of game.
I may be hugging teddy bears,
I may be drawing hearts,
I may be dancing ballet on the streets,
But...I don't think it's Love.

What is it then, you ask me.
To tell you the truth,
I'm not really sure.
I know it's a feeling,
a deep feling,
right from my very core.
It may be Happiness.
Maybe I don't care
I may just be growing up.
Whatever it is,
it's making me feel grand.
But i don't think it's Love.

Tell me how you guys like it, I'm open to criticism and, of course, compliments. But i want to let you all know that it's basically the idea i want to give out. Hope you all had a good 'V Day' and I hope you know you don't need to wait for it to come to love someone. OR to declare your Love.




6 comments:

Nishant said...

How's your head? :P

Okay that was lame.

It was good and honest. But I would suggest that "But I don't think it's love." shouldn't be at the end of EVERY paragraph, but only the last. It would strike the reader more. Otherwise, it was honestly pretty good.

The last paragraph was exceptionally good. I really liked it.

Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Hey!
Firstly sorry for commenting so late :P
anyway I remember seeing the rough draft of this poem :)
I honestly think these would make good lyrics!
Love is such a universal phenomenon and it's a great talent to be able to write about it..
Personally, I took a stab at writing about love on my blog, but it ended up having all these mixed up emotions in it aswell :P
Your poem was upbeat, contemporary and lighthearted and I enjoyed it :)
Although I do agree with Nishant that maybe it would be more reverberant if you only used that line at the end of the poem and not as the title and at the end of each paragraph.
But other than that nice poem! =]!!
BLOG ON!!

Anonymous said...

I wish it were that easy for me to declere my love. It really isn't. I no im 2 scrrd to and never will.
o, well. thats the way life goes.
nice blog.

Juhi said...

all i can say to you, anonymous, is that you should have Faith in yourself. And have Faith in the person you admire. It will take yime, but even if that person doesn't respond the way you want him/her to, don't lose Hope.
If you really want it, why aren't you fighting?

Jo

Juhi said...

time**
I hate making grammatical errors:@

Namrata said...

WOW. Its great juhi. And I agree with Rhea...I think these would be great lyrics !
i can almost hear the song in my head :P
Keep em comin juhi !