Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Random Thinking

This is only a random post about anything that pops into my mind.


"Dearest, Sweetest, Darkest, Most challenging and Most Memorable Memories,
I am sorry I haven't paid a visit to you lately. I shall, once I have the time. You hold all of my life."

Every passing second is but a memory. I have realised that they, whether Good or Bad, make us relive the times that are unforgettable. Good memories are cherished forever, and that's what I love about them. Bad memories always, inevitably, teach us something new. And that's what I love about them.

I am not a perfectionist. In fact, I'm miles away from it. Don't get me wrong, I love being imperfect. It gives me the feeling that I am still Human. Every time I do something perfectly, I never actually get overwhelmed by it.

Why? Why should we be perfect? Why is it that, if we are considered 'social butterflies', as we call them, we can't miss a party or remain quiet or alone for a while without getting showered by What-happened-to-you-s? Why is it that we have to hide it if we like something everyone else hates? Why do we say we're independent in thinking and yet do only what others think right? Why do we care what people around us would think if we laugh out loud? WHY .. WHY .. WHY!?!

Today, was the last PE class of Eighth Grade, of Middle School, and, for the people who chose the Science stream, THE LAST REAL PE CLASS OF THEIR LIFE! While most of us enjoyed it to the fullest, there were people moping about, sitting, crying and generally not thinking about what they were going to miss. We were at the Volleyball court playing Throw ball. Of course, there are people who can't throw the ball to save their life, but they played all the same. Yet, there were a group of people who were sitting down and watching everyone else. When asked why they were doing so, they said it was embarrassing for them to play because they played so badly.

WHY?????

Situations are only embarrassing if YOU think they are. YOU might think that people laugh at you, but friends tease each other, right? It's plain, simple fun. I remember once we were having Lunch and we were seated in the Swimming Pool area. Just as I finished, I sneezed and the leg of my chair broke. Everyone had a plain view of me and started laughing. I was not embarrassed. What hurt me was that my friends sat there and laughed at me, and did not ask whether I was hurt (physically, that is). But no, I was NOT embarrassed. Because I chose not to think of it as embarrassing.

What I'm trying to say is, don't think your Life depends on what other people think. Because it doesn't. You know what it depends on.

Thanks. To those who got through the whole rant. And the "Memories" part was just a what-do-you-call-it.

:D:D

PS: I have a 'memory box'. It's where I keep all the material things that are heavy in memories. It has a distinct smell, and I call it 'The smell of passing time".

5 comments:

Nishant said...

:P

CHOSE(sp?) COMMERCE EVERYONE! :P

No, really, Commerce isn't as easy as you think it is. Take it from me.

Aaaanyway, yes, there is no material perfection I've ever come across, except a certain someone :) who is also more than just material.

But memories, oh, they're just astounding. I just realized this year. And that's what I'll miss the most while I'm turning into dust, six feet below.

Grasp your chances. Always.

Radhii said...

Heyy .. !

I liked ur post!

Lol you should turn whatever is in your 'memory box' into a time capsule and bury it somewhere for 10 years !! =)
Anyways. EVS TOMORROW !!
Best of luck for comp !!
Take care

PS: The word verification thingggyyy .. WHY .. WHY .. WHY ?!?!
- Radhika <33

Anonymous said...

OMG.
O-M-G!!!!!
U keep a memory box toooo??? gawd i thot i was going insane when i began stuffing material things into a silver heart-shaped box with a gold ribbon on it and kept it on my studdy table (somting 2 distract me(;)All those material tings remind me of AMAZING things of my life- if u manage to somehow overpower me and get 2 it it mite look like CRAP- candy wrappers and stuff- but each thing in da box has a story behind it... good times...
*sob!* im chokinng up!!!
nice post juhi- thnx 4 slamming the non-throwball girls!!
(in a nice, diplomatic way, of course)
-Sama

Rhea said...

Yes, time passes away like water through a sieve, yet memories sustain us for years ahead. Memories of times past, faith in a greater future, without these mankind wouldn't have survived years of hardship.
It agree completely on the whole throwball thing..! SCREW WHAT PEOPLE THINK! If you keep holding back you're never going to have any fun :P
Looking forward to future posts!
BLOG ON!

Namrata said...

This post is soo true. I mean, EVERYONE cares about wat other people think. And you're right. WHY ??? If someone is a true friend of yours...they shouldn't care about wat clothes you wear, how crazy you act (ina gud way course :P) or whether you like stuff other people consider 'weird.'
People who judge you are so NOT worth it !
blog on juhi !